Sunday, September 19, 2010

Decaff or Regular.

Today i was walking my dog gidget about 4.6 miles on a public road. We were at the last little hill up to my house when i saw a wood bridge leading to a trail into the woods. I quickly, without hesitation, turned to go up the wood bridge.
.
Stopping at the entrance to the path i realized that i'm now making a decision that could quite possibly change my life. I dont know why i felt so strongly about this..but after realizing that, i couldnt decide.
.
I seriously couldnt decide if i wanted to walk up the wood path or the street.ha
.
If i walk up the wood path, maybe the bridge would break and gidget would fall and die or something. But if i walked up the street, i could get hit by a car or like a bus or something.
.
I sat there, and then hesitantly took some timid steps up the wood bridge. Walking slow and softly, hoping that the bridge wouldnt break. once i got through the trail, and too the top of the hill, i realized that these small decisions are part of all of our lives everyday.
.
We decide to drive or walk.
to work out or stay home.
to go tanning or sit by the pool.
to go to school or sluff.
which shirt to wear.
which food to eat.
.
.
all of these impact us and our lives.
.
and honestly it scares me.
.
Then i remember that i believe everything happens for a reason.
.
If its my time to die or gidgets..then its going to happen, wether i walk up the wood path and drown in a river, or walk up the street and get hit by a car.
.
maybe this is a little dramatic, and maybe you'll think i'm insane after reading this.
.
but i guess what i'm trying to say is, next time your given the choice between decaff or regular.
choose carefully.
-Alex Brynn

No comments: