Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vegetarian.

for all you who wonder...why doesn't Alex eat meat.
this is for you.

And for all those who dont care or know that i dont eat meat.
you still might find this interesting....


So it started..i was a junior in high school.
i never really liked meat in the first place. Never ate steak or sausage or any of that..but i did eat chicken.


I was in my english class writting a report on how ridiculous i thought vegetarians were and especially vegans...when i stumbled across some disturbing information.

It was about how vegetarians thought, and their input on their eating. Most of them stated unhealthy statistics about meat, and how bad it was for your health. But a couple statements caught my eye on the idea of eating an animal that was alive...taking a life for the benefit of your hunger, or for fun.


I put it out of my mind and continued to eat chicken and other meat like substances...until one day i thought that i might want to try to be a vegetarian..for atleast a month.


So it started out really easy, just substituting meat for vegetables and beans and eggs, and other healthy things...and i kept expecting it to get harder...but it didnt..

At the end of the month i was a little excited to have some meat..
but as my mind began to think of the idea of eating an animal it made me sick.
i couldnt bear even the thought of eating something that used to be alive.

so from then on..i never did eat meat..
i haven't had any for a longg time now.



I dont think people that do eat meat are evil. & i dont get grossed out seeing people eat meat..just to clear things up.


I find it so important to be open about every lifestyle.
try different things, and find the way you want to live your life.


i've found myself trying alot of things.. bad and good. i dont regret anything, because from all i've done, i've found out what i like and what i dont..and what is better for myself and what is better for others.


but most importantly

i've learned how i want to live my own life..


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Props to you. I've tried a few times and it was rather hard for me.